Monday, October 24, 2005

Democrats were the flavor of the day.

Definitely saw this donkey today, campaigning for the College Democrats. "That would be a good halloween costume." Neil thought to himself. Sooo...I took a picture. He was following some guy around, trying to get him to take a flyer. Hillarious.

I need to pull some cool antics in the diag soon. I need to think of what to do. I want to do some random act of kindness/randomness type deal. I just need to figure out how to make it happen. Hmm...I'll get on that as soon as I have a free second. Maybe I could buy some bulk halloween candy and just make a sign that says, "Come have a chocolate. No flyers, it's for halloween." I would have to seal it though, just to make sure nobody thought I was trying to drug them or something.

I saw Al Gore speak today, he was clutch. Really good. I like him better as a private citizen. He was really quite funny.

"I'm Al Gore, and I used to be the next president of the United States." - Al Gore.

haha.

There were a lot of psuedo-political jokes like that.

I like this blogger thing much better than LiveJournal. It's not as dramatic, it's kind of just a blog just for me, not for the display of other people. I'll definitely have fun reading it at a later date. And...after a day filled with testy run-ins with the bus, or just a whole lotta stuff to do, it's nice to just post a picture (which by the way is really convenient, I like this software. Google rocks.), and just type away. Blogger is a very good listener. The drawback is, I can't have an engadging conversation with the Blogger. I miss real people. I love the 5th floor. They're some really good girls up there.

I'm getting lonely. I need to be more social. Luckily I have FIJI. And good friends, who tell me to change my away messages. Or write on my wall. Or who call me. Or strangers that are nice. Or my floormates. Or people who live on 1616 Washtenaw. Or central campus. Or my family.

So I guess that I'm not that lonely, in terms of people surrounding. But, they're not availible all the time I guess. And, I get distracted from their company by work too. But also...I suppose that we humans are selective. When we don't have something that we want, our attitudes become negative. I suppose that is analagous to lonliness. When we desire the company of one or many, and do not acheive that desire, we are lonely. Or longing. Or missing.

Oh well. Such is life.

"Goodnight Sweetheart." Posted by Picasa

No comments: