Thursday, October 04, 2012

The best feeling in the world.

I sometimes lose sight of the big picture, despite a near addictive tendency to downplay the importance of details and see the forest over the trees. At those times...I forget that it's going to be okay.

I'm a lucky guy, so I have family, friends, colleagues and sometimes even perfect strangers to remind me that it is. Remembering it is the best feeling in the world.

That's hope. It's the foundation of a happy life. Every other good feeling in the world comes from hope.

And where does hope come from? Exploring this topic is a little new for me, but I think it comes from two places - truth and faith.

This is an interesting coincidence, because my spiritual journey comes from two places - Hinduism and the Judeo-Christian tradition. The cornerstones of those two worldviews are truth and faith, at least as I see it. I think this may be one of the only times that I feel solace instead of tension when reconciling two (or more) of my conflicting identities. That's a good feeling too.

No comments: