Saturday, April 22, 2006

Going Home

It’s 12:09 AM.  I’m going home today.  For real.

I’m not sure how I feel about this.  I guess I was expecting to feel diff  I guess I was excited to leave Ann Arbor, and I am.  I am excited to do what I want with my time.  I’m excited to learn on my own.  I’m excited to see my friends and family.  I’m ready for a non-university life again.  But, I thought I’d be more excited than I am now.  Why I feel this way is not why others might expect.  I’m not disappointed to leave this place because I’m going to miss friends (even though I will) or the next party.  I’m nervous about leaving here because I don’t know that ive gotten any farther.  I don’t know if I’ve made any progress in life.

A cynical thing to say,  yes.  But really.  I’m living a life that’s no different than the one before.  I understand and wholeheartedly believe that the friendships and experiences that I have here are what is going to make college for me, but really…should I feel like I’ve improved as a person?

I don’t know what the hell ive learned this year.

Okay.  I must list and reflect.  Idea generation time.

I’ve learned that learned that

Scratch that.  I’m not ready to write this. Good night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neil, I would like to play with you over the summer. Perhaps more than our run-ins at random places in Rochester.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Anonymous said...

give it some time. sometimes when you're looking too hard for something big, you miss out on all of the littles that add up, and impacted you more than you realized.